NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hard case for Celestron 80ED?

Im also looking for one for my skywatcher 130pm this is the closest ive come...

Cases, Bags and Covers for Telescopes and Other Optics

unfortunatley yours isnt on here either but i have emailed them so if they recomend anywhere i will post back.

;)

also try here just cant remember whats on there.

http://www.optcorp.com/productList.aspx?uid=105-296-298-930&pg=1

Had been looking for one myself and found this at Teleskop Service: Skywatcher ED80 Case for Skywatcher, Vixen & Orion 80/600 ED scopes. Rang them and was told that the Celestron C80 ED-R wouldn't fit as it was too long.

Then found an Orion case for their 80 ED Apo. The Celestron fits perfectly - after a little trimming of the foam.

I'm told Orion have decatalogued/discontinued the case. You might be lucky and still find one somewhere in the supply chain.

Doubt this is any use to you as they're in Terrassa, NE Spain - but here's a link to where I got mine: Valkanik - Maleta Orion Deluxe para R-80ED.

Thank you both for the info. I had a suspicion that the SkyWatcher case was unsuitable as, I think, the lens hood on that is retractable and on the C80ED it is not. It is removable, but you then don't have a lens cover.

Looks like a DIY job with a small suit case.

Dave

Archived