Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

woop woop

astrokat

got my self a hq6 goto on its way to me cant wait,should be able to get some good images now been using a alz mount so ive only been able to get short exposures. any one have any tips for using this mount

thank you

toby:headbang:

I've got two down here and like them. I might yet buy a third! If your scope is long you might consider the pier option to avoid leg collisions.

For imaging I have them significantly out of balance, weighted to the west and camera-end heavy. If you leave room for one of your weights to slide up and down you can move it in accordance with whether you are sope west or weights west.

It really is a very good mount. Slightly better mounts cost three times as much and very much better ones five times as much. Personally I would consider the top stuff at over 5k but not the slightly better stuff at around 3k. Praise be for the EQ6.

Have fun,

Olly

Archived