Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

need some advice regarding sigma 15mm fisheye lense.

hi guys i am buying a sigma 15mm fisheye canon mount from a guy for 200 pounds.he is also giving a CPL and UV filter with it.

the lense is in good shape.is it a good deal ?also i have no idea what a CPL and UV filter does.will these filters be helpful for astrophotography and what could be the value of these filters like 10,15 pounds?

hi guys i am buying a sigma 15mm fisheye canon mount from a guy for 200 pounds.he is also giving a CPL and UV filter with it.

the lense is in good shape.is it a good deal ?also i have no idea what a CPL and UV filter does.will these filters be helpful for astrophotography and what could be the value of these filters like 10,15 pounds?

The CPL is a polarising filter, useful for outdoor daytime photograpy, to reduce reflections. No use for astrophotography.

The UV filter appears clear but blocks ultraviolet. People often keep them on the lens at all times to protect it. The idea is you will only have to replace the filter, not the entire lens, if it gets damaged. Personally, I don't use them, and especially wouldn't use them for astrophotgraphy.

Andrew

Archived