NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Attempts at Jupiter

CrazyMike

Had the scope about a month, took these by sticking my mobile phones camera to the eyepiece, lols.

I have a skywatcher explorer 150pl, these were taken through a 10mm eyepeice.

jupiter2.jpg

jupiter3.jpg

Ive bought an old toucam and the adapter to attach it to the scope, ive made a few vids and played with registax, havent managed tog et a better looknig image than these two yet though, i will persist.

Looks a lot like mu first efforts of Jupiter Mike. I reckon a little more work with the webcam and registax will improve the image no end.

This is my 1st go at jupiter with my Mono Chipped webcam.

The only tip i can give through lack of experiance, is to keep the scope and mount as stable as you can.

post-13880-133877402992_thumb.jpg

Looks a lot like mu first efforts of Jupiter Mike. I reckon a little more work with the webcam and registax will improve the image no end.

This is my 1st go at jupiter with my Mono Chipped webcam.

The only tip i can give through lack of experiance, is to keep the scope and mount as stable as you can.

Yah, these were taken with my mobile phonse camera. Ive been experimenting with a webcam i dismantled, i bought the adapter etc. my first attempts at using that meothed was rather... purple. I will try again when ive got a good viewing night, jupiter is only visible at a reasonable time from the front of my house at the moment, where ive got to compete with a street lamp directly in my path :D

Thats a fantastic pic there mate, i will keep at it :D

Great to see you getting started, as Bob said stability and persistence are the key as wind does not help but Registax can save an image provided you get plenty of frames. John.

Archived