Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

tamron lens electrical contacts

I took a risk the other day on ebay and purchased a used

Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 SP XR ZL Di LD Aspherical (IF) for Canon Digital SLR Camera

i paid just under £40 for it delivered which was a bargain but i new it had a problem :) the electrical contacts that connect to my camera so it can communicate/focus etc are missing. it is not a major problem as i purchased it for astro work in the main but it would be nice to be able to also use it on my canon during the day with the auto focus

(yes i know i should take the plunge and go full manual!! :D

does anyone have an idea where i can either send the lens at a reasonable cost to have the work done or get some of the contacts from ?

thanks in advance

steve :D

does anyone have an idea where i can either send the lens at a reasonable cost to have the work done

Try Colchester Camera Repair Service. I'd be very surprised if you get any change from £150.

You didn't ask, but I'd find it alarming that the contacts are missing!

thanks for that brian, i will give them a shout

as i said its mainly for deep sky work and for that its as sharp as a tack so i am very happy with the lens, it would have just been nice to get it fully working with a dslr as well :D

steve

thanks Allan, i will give them a call on monday

Peter, he was open in the listing so i purchased it with my eyes wide open. for astro or plain old manual use its perfect to be honest. i would just really like to get the lens working as it should is all,

peter if you fancy having a play on your modded 1000d i will post it down, you will not believe how sharp this lens is for the money. i am awaiting some adapters to use it with my fli at the moment which i am quite excited about :D

Archived