NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

reducing cg5 gt motor noise

red dwalf

hi all, does anyone know how to reduce the noise made in the dec motor of the mount, the alt seems not to bad but the shroud covering the dec acts like a ampifier and i`m not sure how to combat this so i was hoping that some of you gents could help me out.

hi

i have not seen a mount like that, but if there is room between the shroud and the internals, maybe you can get a piece of sound damping used on cars, its like a asfalty selfadhesive, something like this Tecsound 50 Visco elastic High Performance Acoustic Membrane Insulation Range

i dont know how it will work, but maybe worth a try?

alfi

had a rough go tonight, remembered that i still have a bit of laminate floor underlay in the garage, so roughly cut out a few pieces and applied them to the inside of the housing and it seems to work, motors seem to be no louder with the covers on than off now, will experiment more and try to find better material to use.

Archived