NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any teachers help please?

TheThing

My wife has been landed with an assembly this Thursday for KS2 years 3 and 4.

I helpfully suggested that she do it on the 40th anniversary of the moon landings. She knows little about space and has said that if I help her plan it, she'll do it.

I don't have the 1st clue! Any teachers out there know where I can get any assembly plan on moon landings at all please? It would really help with brownie at home if you do!

Many thanks,

I did one for a Yr 6 class when it was the 30th Anniversary..

Got the children to research it (we had cunningly done a lot of work on it as part of our science units) and gave out 'key areas' to groups to present...

If I remember correctly we presented it as a kind of timeline stretching from when JFK made his Rice Uni. Speech through development of Apollo and Saturn V rockets (loads of good visual and size type opportunities here)...

to the actual trip to the moon and how a journey of several days was undertaken just to spend a few hours on the moon...

and how there were only 3 things left behind on the first moon landing... (ok.. i know there were poly bags, camera caps and bits as well, but they were not meant to be left)

1 - the USA Flag

2 - the lander legs

3 - ask the audience... some smart one will get it...

What did they bring back?

Why? etc.. etc..

Even 7 year olds could say 'Neill Armstrong' when asked "who was the first man on the moon?"

Some can tell you Buzz Aldrin was second..

Few will tell you Michael Collins was the poor unfortunate who had to stay in lunar orbit....

It was a great one to do an assembly on..

And we didn't have projectors and t'tinternet to quite the scale now... so no shortage of images and material...

My plan would have been a pile of scruffy a4 sheets and cue cards.. long since shredded...

Should be no problem for a keen teacher to knock up!:o

Steve

Archived