Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ccd colour

astrokat

my first go at rgb imaging this is so hard been working on this all weekend, think i have a long way to go yet lol, please let me know what you think i no its not very good though. any tip and advice would be great

thanks for looking toby

[ATTACH]27319[/ATTACH]

Its a good start.

Imaging is a real tough hobby with a such a steep learning curve.

But with this forum you will get all the help you need.

I dont know how people managed in the 'old days' of no internet!

All you can do is keep practising :o

It will come in the end!

Okay, first thing; you need to co-register the different colours because the red, certainly, is mis-aligned. If you are lucky and have not had to touch the scope much during your RGB run you can rely on an auto-align to do this for you. However, if you have poor polar alignment or have had a messy run with interruptions etc then there may be slight rotation between images and auto aligns cannot generaly handle this. I don't know your software but in AstroArt, which I use, you select 3 stars in the same order for 2 images and ask it to co-register them. I co-register green onto red then blue onto red. However you do it this will make a big difference when you do your tricolour combining.

You're on your way...

Olly

Archived