NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pelican HST

MartinB

I've really struggled with this. Got 7x20mins Ha and OIII Friday along with 7x10mins binned SII. The Ha and OIII seemed to do ok despite the high cloud but the SII was seriously off. So did the SII again on Saturday when the transparency was better. Would have liked double the SII really.

I wont bin SII again at this short f/l, it is hard enough to deal with the stars without binning bloat. Quite bad halos as well through the murk.

It's not much cop but I've seen enough to make me want to come back to this using longer focal length to home in on the ionisation front at the back of the Pelican's neck. The rest of the nebula is very much dominated by Ha. I just can't get riid of those awful small peachy red stars without damaging the image

FSQ 106 and QSI 532

post-12794-133877399007_thumb.jpg

It's nice to see a series of images coming out of the new obs Martin...

Aren't you missing the wide open spaces and setting up and stripping down for every session though :)

Peter....

Er...no!

Thanks for the positive comments guys

Archived