Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 14th September

michaelmorris

If the seeing was as you say (and I sympathise) that is a pretty good result.

Yeah, not bad at all ... did you try reducing the gamma a bit on the Registax wavelets page, this will make the surface a bit less bland. (My image of the Europa transit on Sep 13th has gamma = 0.80)

Yeah, not bad at all ... did you try reducing the gamma a bit on the Registax wavelets page, this will make the surface a bit less bland. (My image of the Europa transit on Sep 13th has gamma = 0.80)

Brian - Thanks. I'll give that a try. Please note that your lovely image is taken with a DMK on an 11" scope. My effort is a coluor Toucam on old 8" optics.

Please note that your lovely image is taken with a DMK on an 11" scope. My effort is a coluor Toucam on old 8" optics.

That may affect the resolution of fine details but shouldn't have much impact on colour balance / contrast etc. We can all improve. I've learned a lot over the last few weeks, trying to image Jupiter (and Mars) in less than perfect conditions.

Archived