NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I found an Owl...

jgs001

I wanted to get setup and test man and machine out tonight... make sure I could remember how to set the gear up and make it work... and adjust the new bits and pieces..

Had some niggles and teething problems that took an hour to resolve... balancing with the DM bar, having to change the tube ring positions on the dovetail... not an easy job in the dark...

Anyway.. I eventually got it all working...

A single 20 minute sub just to test the guiding.. That green CLS filter glow... (cheers Aza)

IMG_8728.jpg

And here's the stacked results...

1x20m, 7x7.5m and 1x2.5m.

450d with 2xTC on C80ED (F15, 1200mm)

DSI on Konus

Guided with PHD, mounted on HEQ5

ngc457a.jpg

There's a few too many hot pixels... DSS does werid things with hotpixel removal turned on. Darks would have dealt with them, but I couldn't be doing with 20 minutes worth and I'm not going to be doing that in reality anyway. I'm not sure I nailed the focus, but given I didn't check it after refitting the rings and dovetail that's not really a surprise, but it doesn't really matter for this test. This was just pushing it really hard to see what I could get away with, so I'm happy with the result.

Archived