Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Aero ED 30mm

Matthew.Blake

Just got my first eyepiece that's not a plossl and it's ace!

I've been really impressed with the clarity of the view I got through it with my Skywatcher 200p. With a 2x barlow I could make out more detail on Jupiter than I could with my 6.3mm Meade 4000 Plossl (Japan edition) - and with all that eyepiece poking out the side of my scope I certainly felt compensated for. Having a look at the double cluster between Perseus and Cassiopea was really nice; with the wide field of view I was able to frame them nicely and stare for a while. I only found slight distortion of the stars near the edge the field which didn't bother me too much as I consider the edge of the view more of a picture frame than anything!

Hi Matthew,

I had the pleasure of borrowing one of those a while back (I posted a review of it somewhere on here !). I agree with you, they are very nice eyepieces - very easy to look through and rather lighter than most 2" 30mm-ish eyepieces that I've tried - does not upset the balance of your scope like some do.

Thanks for the report :)

John

Archived