Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unknown planet, any body know what it is?

lennon890

I was wondering if any body has any idea as to what i've been seeing recently?

To the naked eye It looks like a bright star in the same way that Jupiter does, its isn't as bright thought. It also looked to flash white twice and then flash red once, like the lights on the bottom of an aeroplane. It certainly wasn't an aeroplane or high building though because i have seen it and watched it (with my naked eye) for several minuites and it hasn't moved.

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Thank You,

-Lennon890

At what time, and approximate elevation and direction were you looking at this object.

Was your observation a one off, or have you seen the same thing on other nights? The answers you give could lead to a solution as to what you may have been seeing.

Out of focus bright stars such as Sirius, which are of low declination, can show different colours due to atmospheric dispersion. Sirius is not likely, as it is a morning riser at present.

Venus could be a possibility, as it too can display colour for the same reason.

Ron.

Archived