Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter revisited

yeti monster

Last night, whilst sat outside the pub we were all looking up at the stars. I knew I had to get home and set up the Celestron. I'd been looking forward to viewing Jupiter again for ages, not having done so since 2000 or so. I set-up with a good clear, uninterupted and light free view of the planet. I was able to see the bright disc and 2 moons, however, it was so gusty that the scope was shaking too much to us any higher magnification. The red dot finder was just a little way out but that could be me getting used to sighting through it.

I moved to a less windy, although polluted by a neigbours yard light, spot, but by then things were just getting too couldy.

Hoping for a calmer, clearer, view very soon.

I looked out of the back windows last night after watching the Xfiles movie and thought Jupiter was ready for a bit of viewing but it was equally gusty in Surrey Hills so did not bother setting up the Nexstar.

Which Celestron are you using and are you pleased with the performance?

Steve

Archived