NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion Help

OK I did it !

I decided to take my Hyperion apart to test out differant lens configurations to try and get around a vinneting problem I'm having when I attach it to my camera.

I got late and I went to bed.

Got up the next morning and can't remember how to put the blumming thing back together :)

Does anyone have a good exploded view of a hyperion.

I can't make out the configuration from Baaders website !!

This is the best I can find - you may have already seen it:

http://www.telescope-service.com/baaderpics/eyepieces/hyperion-big.jpg

You are braver than I would have been - you now have to get all the lens elements and spacers in precisely the right order and ensure that no dust creeps in to get the EP back to it's original working state.

Good luck !.

John

They only unscrew into 3 parts IIRC, top middle and bottom. I take it you've gone further than just unscrewing?

NO - Its just that when I seem to put together the way "I remember" and then trying to use the same pic posted above for ref. I find that the main lens seems loose.

I'll take a pic later of all the parts and try and explain how I think they go together. If there is something obviously flawed in my thinking please point it out.

Thanks

I did the same - I picked up my 8mm for quite a good price, looked through it saw an "optical flaw" :) and then realised why it was such good value. However, the chip in the lens turned out to be a gigantic hair buried deep in one of the elements. :( So I removed fixed the problem and then promptly forgot how to put it back together again. :)

The picture on the Baader website saved my bacon and the lens now works perfectly ! :grin:

Archived