Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

home constructed visual back zoom

mattifor

This is a bit of fun

Home designed and constructed visual back zoom from parts off for sale section.

all that was needed was a reshuffle of the lenses putting the front and back sections together re fit the center zoom to the end that connects to the visual back construct a spacer increase the diameter from 48mm to 20mm so it fits to the 2" lense adaptor and it has become a 10 - 4 zoom lense.

pic one disasemmbled and adapted with spacer increase the diameter from 48mm to 50mm

pic two reasembled

pic three fitted

pic one as purchased

I now have a zoom visual back on my Takahasi 212.

will inform you of the results if we get a clear night, but terestial view is good and clear.

post-14433-133877392186_thumb.jpg

post-14433-133877392189_thumb.jpg

post-14433-133877392192_thumb.jpg

post-14433-133877392196_thumb.jpg

tested viewing jupiter, good vieing could clearly see the rings and four moons.

clear and no bloom when looking directly at jupter in center of view zoom worked well and increased the definition, well collimated.

zoomed out could see jupiter and all four moon in the eyepiece.

however I noticed that the image was a corrected image right way up not upside down.

unscrewed the zoom section and retured the two coupled lenses the image was upside down again loveley clear viewing but of course no zoom.

today replaced the temporary sleeving with lathe turned alluminium sleaving, looks more profesional now.

Quite pleased with result

post-14433-133877392369_thumb.jpg

Archived