Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NIKON D40

Hi

I read with interest the thread A New DSLR - will it work?

The comments made by all were quite revealing so I wondered:rolleyes:

I bought my wife A Nikon D40 (eplacing a Pentax 35mm Film jobbie) but she finds it too complex. Definately a point & shoot fanatic.

Anyway, I now have it and have been considering using it for astrophotography.

I have an ST102 (recent aquisition) so I am just getting myself ready so to speak.

Any views and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

If its like the d40x in terms of controls you will need the 'remote' in order to open and close the shutter manually for longer exposures. Don't have camera in front of me, but I think the timer will do a 30second exposure automatically with one click without using the remote, but no other options (set on the menu).

If its like the d40x in terms of controls you will need the 'remote' in order to open and close the shutter manually for longer exposures. Don't have camera in front of me, but I think the timer will do a 30second exposure automatically with one click without using the remote, but no other options (set on the menu).

Hi formyscope

I didn't know that but I was intending to buy the infra-red remote anyway.

Regards

Archived