NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Little systems test NGC 7000 (30 mins)

glennbech

On the night of 6th of August I started at around 10am setting up my equipment on the roof of my garage. It's been stored inside for the last couple of months. At around midnight, everything was ready to go, and I did the usual routine of polar alignment, focus and PHD guide star calibration.

I only got about 30 minutes in 90 second exposures, but I figured that was an okay start of the season. It's good to have my equipment in order and tested before it gets really dark. At least every bit and bolt is working as it should!

My tripod is never removed so I'll also start fine tuning the polar alighment with WCS as soon as I have some more clear nights and spare time.

I have some issues with dust or stains somewhere in my setup, I'll post a question with my master-flat later so that maybe anyone is clever enough to give me a hint of where the mud is .-)

Image details

William Optics Megrez 90 w/0.8 Reducer. Canon 10D (Modified). HEQ 5 PRO.

20 x 90 second exposures guided. ISO 800 RAW. 11 Flats. No Darks.

Red hannel applied as a 40% Luminosity Layer. Deep Sky Noise Reduction (Noel's actions).

Slight hue & saturation fix i Photoshop CS3

post-15053-133877391391_thumb.jpg

Archived