Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Second time astrophoto (the Moon)

johankj

Quite pleased with this one, as this is my second attempt in trying astrophotography.

First and second time and still trying to work out how to use my equipment and to find the optimal settings on the camera.

Photo taken with a Canon 1000D in prime focus, set at 1/320s at ISO200. The Telescope was a Celstron Astromaster 90mm refractor.

Taken on the morning 7th of August, slightly cloudy and misty, and the moon very much full. Makes the image look slightly flat...

I then tried to tweak the image a bit in GIMP, using Levels and sharpen. I would like to shift the red channel up and the blue channel down a few pixels, but I don't know how to do this...

The image is cropped to 10x15 for print :)

Edit: Suggestions and comments welcome :)

post-16339-133877390676_thumb.jpg

It is a great result for only your second attempt at AP.

Although I probably sghouldn't, I've twiddled a little PS. I hope you don't mind.

I switched it to Grey Scale and shifted the level a bit. Added a little brightness too.

Ron.:)

post-13213-133877390697_thumb.jpg

It is a great result for only your second attempt at AP.

Although I probably sghouldn't, I've twiddled a little PS. I hope you don't mind.

I switched it to Grey Scale and shifted the level a bit. Added a little brightness too.

Ron.:)

Thanks Ron.

I don't mind at all :) That's much better, I'm going to try to mimic that in GIMP (no PS for me :p).

Archived