NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Need higher f-ratio, will this work?

Oh-Noes, I think I've caught a bug! :)

Whilest my f11.11/90mm Celestron Astromaster frames the Moon perfectly, Jupiter is a tad small, and I think I can push it further.

I use the prime focus method of attaching my DSLR to the scope with a T-ring. The Astromaster has a built-in T-adapter, as can be seen from the attached pictures.

I also own a barlow (Meade 126 'shorty' barlow - 1.25'). I did try to stick the lens part into the T-adapter and securing it with the screws, but the scope would not reach focus. I think it may have if I had another 3-5 cm of outward travel.

My question is: Am I doing it right? I know there are focal-reducers that screw onto the T-thread, are there focal-extenders that do that too? I could not find any at FLO, or anywhere else for that matter.

Edit: Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not sure if this should go under equipment help or imaging help...?

post-16339-133877390431_thumb.jpg

post-16339-133877390437_thumb.jpg

I think your easiest solution would be to invest in a 1.25" to T thread nose piece.

This can then be used with your Barlow to give you the extended focal length.

It's obvious when you point it out :)

Archived