NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is it possible to see deorbit burn of Endevour?

I suspect it will never be possible from the UK / Europe because of the orbital geometry ... But it should certainly be possible to see the exhaust cloud if the event occurs in sunlight, Apollo mid-course corrections were easy enough though the TLI burn was below the horizon (low orbital inclination) & the various major burns around the Moon were hidden behind the Moon or occured whilst the spacecraft was over the lit porton of the lunar surface.

Hi Crovax,

I don't think it will be visible when the *observing site* is in daylight, as it will be for Endeavour (in fact it's happening right now). You might be able to see it if the Shuttle is still in sunlight but the observing site is already in shadow.

I recall that it was possible to see some liquid that was discharged from the ISS a couple of years back.

Baskii

Archived