Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Grrr help : SynScan not working.

My SyncScan connects to the EQ6 Pro mount and makes all the right noises, but I get no characters displayed..

For the last few nights it has been dropping characters off the screen until now, nothing at all.

The backlight works, the mount works if I remember the sequence to not align, but nothing on screen

Has this happened to anyone else. Only 1.5 months old and really niffed.

It is on version 3.2 i believe and has not got wet at all even in the dew we had.

Try updating it from the Skywatcher website. I think the latest is 3.2 but I can't be certain. Lots of guys use Eqmod now,so the contoller is out of the system. if Eqdir is used.

Ron.

yeah but can't see anything to even set the date / time or align with it. The screen is blank.

It is done for. Well should be in warranty, so will be calling the shop on Monday to get it swapped out for a new one.

OpticStar Manchester called the supplier and agreed to a swapout with existing stock without the need to send it in for testing or checking. They will send OpticStar a replacement.

Long and short is I have a replacement within 2 hours so MASSIVE thumbs up to OpticStar Manchester :)

Archived