Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR and prime focus on Newts!

Thought this might be helpful to anyone having problems focusing at prime with a dslr and newt. I've got a Skywatcher 250px and canon 500d camera with the t thread adapter to the body from FLO.

What ever method of tubes, eyepeices and adapters I could not achieve focus...until tonight.

With the kit lens off the body and all adapters off the focuser, including the screw on ring that everything else is clamped down in I found I could achieve focus with quite a bit to spare, ie the tube of the focuser was about half an inch wound out.

What I needed was to get the camera body closer to this with what ever adapters holding it to the focuser. What I didn't realse was the 2" to 1.25" focuser adapter actually comes apart. I thought this was a solid unit. But no you can unscrew the 1.25" bit and your are left with the 2" bit with a t thread. Put your t thread adapter onto the camera body, connect it to the t thread on the 2" base unit and hey presto your away!

This might be a well known fact but I've not seen anything posted. Apologies if it has.

Regards

All

Keithp

Archived