NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can someone post a video link to collimation please.

Wanting to get a Skywatcher Reflector for christmas, but am concerned about collimation.

I roughly know what is involved and got slightly lost on youtube vids with loads of different methods.

Can someone in the know post a link to a good vid that shows how to do colimation either manual or laser on a SkyWatcher 150 - 250mm type reflector.

Many thanks, all part of the discovery process before taking another plunge.

Cat

Andys shotglass is a good primer but it doesnt cover all the bases - thats why I wrote that article of mine.

Fast scopes have their own peculiarities - theres nothing to be scared of about collimation. Its like anything in life - the firts few times its scary - after that you just get better at it.

Patience and go slowly is the key. If you go laser the only one I have used which I liked was the Hotech one that FLO sell. I prefer a Cheshire though - its easier I find but each to their own on this.

If you want the ultimate in collimation get a Catseye collimator.

Also please note the link has changed to Astro Babys Guide to Collimation

The old link wont work anymore as far as I know.

Archived