NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

In defence of Scope n Skies

mike-h

I ordered a 6mm TMB planetary eyepiece yesterday for £49 (FLO didn't stock it or I would have instinctively bought it from there).

It arrived today safe and sound.

That's pretty good service (still wish they would pick up the phone more often though).

To be fair I've used them a number of times with no issues.

Mike H

That's a brilliant name for a thread.

It sounds like it should be a 17th century pro-Galileo and anti-Papal pamphlet, expounding Protestant new-scientist ideals.

(Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...?):)

in the past i had success with them

but since they never answer support calls/ email

seem to delay on orders.

Crazy thing is, other optics stockists still use them.

Still i am sure a company with a service like that has a shelf life too.

Touche! :)

(Imagine an accute accent over the e).

(Mind you, the devout-Catholicism thing didn't do him a lot of good, did it?) ;)

It's good to see people being fair and open-minded about retailers on this thread. Galileo would have been proud of you all!:)

Yes, but, it's tricky and kind of contradictory to be a monk and go around espousing a theory of infinite worlds and little green men....did he think the Pope would pat him on the head? :)

If you don't like the rules, don't join the club.

(Not that I think it's right to burn people at the stake...just a full body waxing would be painful enough...:))

(Hope I'm referring to the right bloke....;))

it's a shame really as the SNS + others group do have a lot of difference items listed, mostly at good prices, that some other places don't have. Poor service however, is inexcusable and one of my pet hates.:)

Archived