Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ascom Drivers

Is there anyone out there who could write Ascom Drivers.

I currently have a DC motor driven focuser but quite fancy moving to a stepper motor system. I can manage the hardware side, the motor, mounting brackets and couplers and electronic interface. I have some software programming knowledge (mainly PIC programing) however would have no idea on how to write a driver.

On the Ascom site there is some guidance but not enough to get me started. Does anyone have enough experience to either write a driver or to get me started

cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

I've written a basic ASCOM driver in C# for my little project: http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/81238-simplegpusb-home-brew-auto-guider.html

I've made all the source freely available to hopefully help others, so feel free to poke around a reuse anything of use :) I'm certainly no expert in the field, but I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you might have...

I'm currently in the process of adding to my driver so that my guiding setup will be able to provide some primitive GOTO features. So if you're at all interested in that stuff there should be an update in the near future.

Archived