NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I got a few more minutes of subs on vega the other evening, I usually check alignment on vega first for the piggy backed Panasonic and sort out the focus. My intention was to then go do some other targets but a dead battery put an end to that.

Anyway added these test shots to the original set i got the other week giving a total of 6.5 mins.

ISO 800, 5 x 60s, + 3x30s - DSS, Pix insight LE, PSP X2. Panazonic FX18 at 18x zoom.

Ian

post-16427-133877382597_thumb.jpg

Very nice Ian. Vega seems to be a popular target, but it is a lovely blue sun. You have a reflection on your lens I think. Not unusual when imaging a very bright star. What f number was the lens open at, I know it was zoomed to x18. There seems to be a bit of coma

on some of the stars away from the centre of the field.

Ron.:)

Thanks for the comments

Barkis - for the reflection do you mean the brighter area at 5'oclock to vega? i noticed that and was wondering what is was as it was in all the images, but nothing was listed on the planetarium in that area.

At 18x zoom the panasonic is listed as equivalent to 504mm, the lense runs from 28mm to 504mm which is a big range, but as you say its got coma at that length, have looked to see if its possible to fix in post processing e.g. a varible strength pinch filter but not found anything yet

Archived