Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Bungalow, our very own Canis Major, Jupiter, and the Northern Sky

So we've just moved into a lovely little bungalow and adopted our very own Canis, a lab named BC.

Although my girlfriend and I both told eachother we wanted to move out of our flat so we'd have a bit more room, in reality she wanted a dog and I wanted to live somewhere where I could see beyond the horizons of our little balcony.

So tonight was the first time I was able to set up my scope in our nice little garden, the sky was clear, and much, much darker than I expected, living in the 'burbs of Bournemouth. And I can now look north!

So how exciting! I saw m81/82! And was able to PROPERLY polar-align! And I was allowed to stay up WAY past my bedtime, and now I've seen Jupiter! Oh dear, it's all a bit much, and I'm going to bed...

Next step: Convincing my better half that if she's allowed a vegetable garden, I'm allowed one of these:

36" Telescope on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Oh, it's all so terribly thrilling.

-eli

Archived