NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help me to pick a high quality eyepiece

mike-h

I'd be quite happy with a 60-70 degree FOV. But the reviews I've read suggest that the hyperions will not give as good a view in an f4.7 scope as the pentaxs or naglers (or maybe UWANs).

My main worry is that I buy a Nagler and cant see a lot of the FOV due to wearing glasses. The pentax is a safer bet in this regard but is £40 more.

I'll have to wait for a clear night and see if my astigmatism is apparant in either or both my (poor) SW 10mm eyepiece and my (better) meade 6.4 mm.

I would like to see that 'spacewalk' 82 degrees at least once to satisfy my curiosity.

Mike H

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nirvana look like WO UWANS.....!

If you've got a dob, maybe get a 5mm Nagler, save you having to recentre all the time. Some people prefer Panoptics for the longer focal lengths, but they are only wideangle (70degree), rather than Ultrawide. If you can afford a couple of Televues then go ahead, you'll not regret them, though they can be less than perfect for some (especially glasses wearers). I personally think that 70degree is a neccessary, more is nicer... but then I have never looked through an Ethos... so I may have to update my views.

PEter

Archived