NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power Supplies

Righto... I've not got a suitable mains power supply connection in the garden, near the HEQ5 site. i.e. the middle of the garden. Given I want to run the HEQ5 and dew strips, what's the best bet for a power supply ? I will also be running a lappy, but I'll use it's own power supply (unless someone knows of something that does that too of course :)) from a two or four way. The power supplies will end up in a suitably sized waterproof (but ventilated) container of some sort... size to be determined by what needs to go in it...

I'm pretty sure that Maplin sell something suitable, but I'm not certain of the current drain from the heq5 and have no clue what the dew prevention might require, I've not sourced one as yet, just to make it more tricky...

It's all protected by suitable trips and cutouts. What would you suggest ?

I used a 5amp adapter that used to power a TFT monitor, I modded it and stuck a cig socket on the end. It ran the HEQ5 Pro as well as 2 dew strips.

p.s. It's for sale if you are interested....

These linears...

13.8V Regulated Mains Power Units > Maplin

Or this switch mode.. Enough capcity to keep you going for a while...

13.8V 15A/18A Max Switched Mode PSU > Maplin

I use this one...

Ripmax - Power Supply 20A-13.8V Twin Output from Ripmax Pro-Peak - O-IP2002

One of the outputs is connected to a 110AH Lesiure battery the supply float charges the battery and gives me an effective online UPS which has saved an imaging session form several powercuts last winter....

Archived