Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

at the end of march 2009, i was in french for a astro trip.

on a morning my losmandy G-11 + vixen R200SS and guidescope were blown to the ground by the wind.

i still can’t photograph with the r200SS because i need to order a new set of OTA rings.

friday 29th of may, i was photographing with my eos 40D + 70-200 2,8 IS on 70mm F4,5 to NGC 7000 ( north america nebula )

ive captured 2 hours and 16 minuts in 4minut sub exposure stacked in DeepSky Stacker.

so first time imaging since the ''accident''

the unmodded 40D don't catch enough red...

2uur-20min-40d-70mm.jpg

crop with some extra editing for the nebula

2uur-20min-40d-70mm-crop.jpg

Nicely done Ewrwin...

Nice diffraction pattern with the lens ... Only need to get the "stock" filter off to turn the camera into a Ha hoover...

Sorry to here that the R2000SS is still out of action hows the rest of the kit.. all sorted yet?

Peter...

uh.. lol. thanks :icon_salut:

well the bended G-11 axis isn't a problem, with guiding i got exposures around 8/9 mins.

but i will order a new axis asap.

the most damage is the R200SS ( scracthes etc )

i will modify my 40D maybe later, but i will order a monochrome CCD ( thinking about the QHY 9 )

I think the original makes for a really nice composition of the area. :icon_salut:

I don't know if this will be to your taste but I've had a play with the levels of saturation and contrast in Photoshop in an effort to bring out a little more detail.

post-13495-133877377693_thumb.png

• 6 months later...

*topic kick*

thanks cloudwatcher, the nebula is better to see.

ive tried a 2nd time but more widefield now ( disaster with all that light pollution )

Karel Teuwen gave me some processing tips, and it were some very good tips !

I can count 5 nebulas, 2 sides of the veil(east is only a piece ), butterfly, pleican and north america

I used an unmodified eos 40D, i still didn't had time to replace the filter :D

18-10-2009

30 x 4min ISO 640 F5.6 eos 40 70-200 2.8 IS on 70mm no darks

315.jpg

Archived