Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CdC thrown a wobbly?

661-pete

Something very strange has happened to my copy of Cartes du Ciel - which has been working perfectly fine for years...

One of my copies, on the desktop (the laptop copy is still working OK) no longer shows the horizon, or the ground as solid colour: instead it shows as visible, objects which ought to be below the horizon, all the way down to the SCP.

Furthermore, it no longer shows the sky colour as blue in daytime: whatever the time of day or zoom setting, it shows the sky as black with stars visible.

The only thing I've done which could have caused this, I recently downloaded the precision planetary-satellite add-on, which I didn't have installed before.

Any ideas, before I'm forced to do a complete un-install and re-install from scratch? :cool:

FIXED IT! :cool:

No it wasn't that, Steve, but thanks for the suggestion, put me on the right track. What I had to do was Move/Show Horizon and then click on any of the points of the compass. That seemed to fix the sky colour bug too. Worth filing away for future reference.

P.S. I wonder whether it's worth notifying Patrick Chevalley (CdC's author) too?

Archived