Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap Replacement Mount

Col B

I need to replace the mount for a Bresser Sirius 70 alt-az, which I accidentally trashed icon11.gif !!! There's a link here of what it looks like:

Bresser Sirius 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope

I thought about upgrading to an equatorial mount that would come in useful in the future, when I decided to move on to a better scope, but I can't seem to find tube rings that would fit (approx 70mm tube).

Any ideas on what I could use? Obviously the cheaper the better, as the whole thing was cheap, but it's not a bad scope and I don't really want to throw it away just yet!

Cheap mounts and cheap eyepieces are the downfall of more systems than bad OTAs are. Get a decent mount and your views will improve so much it's like having a new scope. I would suggest an EQ3-2. It can hold much heavier OTAs and can be motorized or made into a goto mount.

Archived