I really need help

I’ve been deep sky imaging for years with some success. I’ve ended up simplifying things due to poor health and a learning disability. 

I moved to a ZWO533MC to give me colour images easily. Great with my small frac. I then tried it on my 8” Newt with the correct spacers and coma corrector. But the stars weren’t round. I didn’t have any problem with my old mono Atik. I didn’t even know about spacing then. 

It’s all getting too overwhelming and I need someone to help me. My astro groups can’t help. I’ve asked again and agin with no success. 

I’m at the point of selling my kit and losing a big part of my social life. 

Please can someone help? Maybe try my 533 to see if it’s okay? Anything. 😢

Hi @Astrosurf it might be worthwhile posting an image to help identify what may be going wrong. One of the first things that springs to mind seeing as you have now swapped to a Newt would be collimation. I've just been through a learning curve with a RASA 8 , and while it is particularly sensitive to good collimation, the improvement towards rounder stars was really noticeable as I made the slightest improvement in collimation. But if you upload an image it would certainly help identify potential solutions. 

Jim

Edited by saac