Bad m31

But not quite as bad as I was expecting.

Excuses first. Clouds arrived at 1am so I did flats went to bed. Might have cleared up an hour later. Realised after 90 mins hadn't cooled camera.

Framing is off, which I suspected when I started, but didn't fix.

So this is 55x60sec per panel.

Could be worse I guess :(

don't look too close its a bodge because my framing was off. will try from scratch next clear nigh really want at least 6 hours on each panel. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
too jaunty

I do like the blue I got.

Nebula photos ? Showed boosting blue and green in histo then remove green noise trick which seems really good without trying that much

If I can free up some disk space lol I might try stacking it with the earlier stuff see if they overlap enough

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

Not stacked with my older stuff (yet) but through intermittent cloud last night I got another hour to add. I actually have (alot) more on one panel but to try to balance each just two hours per panel. Don't ask why I did try and get more on the lesser panel last night but... Next clear skies I'll try and make up the difference. Gradients over this and last night seems much better than when I tried couple months ago. But no moon last two nights. :)

Still working on it 

so this is bad framing previous session with good framing from last night. i used all i had (120x60sec) on one panel and then the best i had to match the same time on other panel, just to help match up for a quick (lol) preview and i think its improved but still with similar failings. like the center ish seam i've tried to reduce via heal in gimp. 

probably a bit too blue and i can't get the brown dust a bit more brownier yet :) still only 2 hours per panel. clouds tonight, i might try and stack everything from these two sessions plus a previous attempt a month or two ago and see what happens.

image.thumb.jpeg.8d95b94dabf61604be5702b99c712568.jpeg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

I think you've done a pretty good job here, not bad at all. M31 mosaics can be very tricky due to the bright core, i have had my own "fistfight with Pixinsight" a couple of times but this one looks rather clean to me.

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if a single panel on the center might satisfy me. Center join is a pita.

36 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

I think you've done a pretty good job here, not bad at all. M31 mosaics can be very tricky due to the bright core, i have had my own "fistfight with Pixinsight" a couple of times but this one looks rather clean to me.

And Ty for saying, luckily jpeg hides a lot of issues :)

1 hour ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

probably a bit too blue and i can't get the brown dust a bit more brownier yet :) still only 2 hours per panel. clouds tonight, i might try and stack everything from these two sessions plus a previous attempt a month or two ago and see what happens.

That's really nice and coming together well.  As you say, the blue is quite strong but maybe neutralising the background to bring the blue in line there will help.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, geeklee said:

That's really nice and coming together well.  As you say, the blue is quite strong but maybe neutralising the background to bring the blue in line there will help.

I was adding blue green then removing green noise. Quite a few times.

I'll not push the blue quite as far next reprocess :)

• Like 1

so i thought i might as well see what all my better subs for panel 1 look like.  4.35 hours from last two sessions. went through cosmic cleaner and nr. if only i had same hours on panel 2 :( i probably overdid the blue again, a little, but i really quite like this  :)

will stack my previous months old panel 1 with this see how it looks. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0928311762d41824f64e6eb0bdca738.jpeg

• Like 2