NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Regarding GOTO upgrade for Flextube AUTO

We have received this from Skywatcher's UK importers:

Re: Skyliner FlexTube AUTO Motorised Dobsonians Please note there will NOT be a GOTO Upgrade available for these as per our previous communication on the same subject. Unfortunately Sky At Night Magazine didn’t implement our advertising instructions for the June issue and erroneously repeated our May advert which features the GOTO Upgrade in the body of the advert. Please therefore take special care when taking enquiries/orders for these to clearly advise your customers that the GOTO Upgrade is NOT available despite the repeated advert suggesting otherwise.

Please don't shoot the messanger :)

well that sucks. i dont see the point in paying twice the amount of a normal version, just for a version that tracks. Most dob users use low power widefield views any way, and are fine with nudging thier scopes around.

At least this has made my mind up for me, i was gonna get one of these, now i dnot see the point. i will get an Argo Navis instead.

i would rather have push-to than track. Frame rotation means you cant even do photography with it.

Archived