16 hours plus maybe another 8

2 minutes ago, Mr Green said:

I'd be interested in seeing an 80's vibe.

don't say stuff like that because its likely to make me  try a luminous green and orange socks palette.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

so 17 hours quick preview stretch

Nice one - you're definitely getting on to some serious integration time (in the UK 🤣)  I preferred the colours in one of your earlier versions.  A little more subtle, a little more depth and star colour variation.  Good luck processing this chunk of data - plenty of options available to you.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Nice one - you're definitely getting on to some serious integration time (in the UK 🤣)  I preferred the colours in one of your earlier versions.  A little more subtle, a little more depth and star colour variation.  Good luck processing this chunk of data - plenty of options available to you.

Ty and I really appreciate the feedback. The cyan blue is way too much and I lost a lot of red. But I was hurrying. Will take my time when I process it again :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Elp said:

What's the rush for?

I was eager to see the difference the extra 5 hours made :) still looking for it :) Also i could hear snoring, so i took advantage of the peace and quiet :)

More red in version working on now. Comparing to some similar images on astrobin and mine isn't as bad as I first thought. 

Also want to play with gimp and masking on my M42 as I have a cunning plan.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elp said:

Do tell

going to make two versions of my image, one massively stretched, second not so stretched and then use one on top of the other as layers in gimp and then use a mask to paint transparency onto the upper one over trapezium to reveal the under stretched version below.

all going well apart from the painting bit, need a bit more control. also my under stretched version needs a bit more stretching first, i think.

MUCH more importantly i've finished a decent go at my Cygnus Wall. I Need to re-do this, as i've still overdone it, but not as much as previous version. This one is stacked Ha and Oiii then pixel mathed into RGB channels. Maybe a crop left and bottom sides, plus stars a bit eggy in top right :( also stars lack colour. But still its alright i think. Also its generally a bit 'soft' not sure what to do about that. less stretching might help.

image.thumb.jpeg.77a28346c3e9d919809af8bb67daf6fa.jpeg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Agreed.  Interesting colours this time.  Keep an eye on shadows as the colour is becoming posterised in places.

Yeah I'm not sure the cause of that. It was even worse before I stuck it through astro clean. Hopefully a bit more care when stretching will do the trick.

• Like 1

So i need a plan B. Cunning plan was more Baldrick than Blackadder, but it is almost suitable. Still working on it :)

in the mean time, two drizzled versions of my 17 hours. no Ha/Oiii split.  Still a bit posterised not sure what else i can do to reduce it.

ngc700017hoursgoldenbrowncompdrizasac.thumb.jpg.012db5282eecdc75025a06e4959146d6.jpgngc700017hoursblueyellowdrizasac.thumb.jpg.ae9cfd81c625a3b407e196c22ae68132.jpg

6 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Cunning plan was more Baldrick than Blackadder

Well it's no Baldrick cup of tea in the trenches, so that's a bonus :) Images are looking good Tiff, you're really learning this hobby fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Green said:

You can see the trapezium in the image so I would say that's a good effort on the core.

I'm going to start living vicariously through your images as I can't seem to take any myself at the moment. 😂

No clear skies for us for two weeks it seems.

Was just a test with 2 hours of data. Has potential though might look a bit false, not sure :(

Your latest cignus wall image is looking good BTW. 

Ref the weather, I'm gutted as I lost 10 hours of data on my first project with new scope so pretty much have to start over.

Think I might take a punt at The Wizard neb and take a break from Pacman.

It's a shame as the 2hrs I have on Pacman look decent (to me at least).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Green said:

Your latest cignus wall image is looking good BTW. 

Ref the weather, I'm gutted as I lost 10 hours of data on my first project with new scope so pretty much have to start over.

Think I might take a punt at The Wizard neb and take a break from Pacman.

It's a shame as the 2hrs I have on Pacman look decent (to me at least).

Yeah I was reading your thread. Luckily I've not lost any data like that, but I came close. Cheap eBay card for my 600d is fake I think so I was lucky

22 minutes ago, Mr Green said:

After spending all of Saturday and Sunday trying to retrieve the data and troubleshooting what the issue is, I've concluded that USB sticks are not to be used with the ASIAIR. 

Painful lesson to be learned!

currently my setup just saves data to latopp's internal solid state storage and i transfer to my image processing pc next day via a thunb drive with low write speeds :(

Edited by TiffsAndAstro

13 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

core but does this look

12 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

is the core still over exposed or is this very roughly about "right" ?  

Nice one - both look well resolved.  What scope/FL are you using - apologies if I missed in the thread?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geeklee said:

Nice one - both look well resolved.  What scope/FL are you using - apologies if I missed in the thread?

Sw 72ed 418mm imx533 svbony 220 dual narrowband filter.

And Ty :)

Was also very full moon

also i think my image(s) have more than a hint of a  "vaseline smeared lens" type of look to them. this could be a slight focus issue or something else. a lack of deconvolution (i don't use it) or some other processing utility maybe. 

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1