editing images for timelapse

hi, i have taken 300x20sec untracked exposures of the milky way in the hope of creating a timelapse and i'm busy processing them in lightroom.  i decided to select image 246 out of the 300 to be a reference image as the MW is more to the right of the building and more can be seen of it.  after editing this image i copied all edits and synced the settings to all the other images ready to export them as jpgs for the timelapse.  upon checking the other images i realised this is no good as all the edits have synced but the MW on all the other images is in different places to the left and right of the image i edited and so all my edits to the actual MW are only good on that one image

can anyone tell me a way of editing these images so the edits apply to the MW on all the images

i've attached image 1 and 246 in the sequence and also an original straight out of the camera unprocessed image

regards

Colin

image 01.jpg

image_original.jpg

image246.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well first i can tell you that most times creating a image like this needs you to have all images be the exact same.  if you have edited the images and changed the size or layout in any way this wont work.  ideally your camera needs to be fixed in position and then if you edit each image they need to stay the exact same dimensions and orientation, in short the camera needs to be fixed in place and not moving and you cant change the size of the image.  As long as the foreground does not move you can create an AVI of the images to create the timelapse.  It wont need a reference frame for this purpose.

hi, thanks for your reply.  yeah my camera was in a fixed position and all the images were the exact same size.  what i had done was select an image to edit where the milky way was seen more fully as it was to the right of the church and decided to edit that image and sync all the edits to the rest of the files but what i had done was to use a mask that was only covering the milky way in that postion to the right of the church and when i synced all the other photos that mask only affected that slim part of the image so all the images of the MW at the beginning of the night where the MW was to the left were unaffected.

after watching lots of videos on YT i learned to use a wider mask so the edits would affect all the images of the MW as it moved across the sky from left to right.  i'm only learning how to edit but i'm quite pleased how the finished timelapse turned out.  there was a few people walking about with torches as you can see in the timelapse lol

mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg