Bubble, now with some very bad O3

Horwig

O3 captured over two nights of patchy clouds and very low transparency to add to my HaRGB of a few days ago, O3 on the Bubble is very faint, 30 minute subs were really needed, but I kept dropping them due to cloud, so went down to 20 minute and then 10 minutes. Ended up trashing all the 10s, and only kept one 30 and two 20s.

You tell me if it was worth all the hassle:

Bubble_O3HaRGB1.thumb.jpg.62709af1967bb26945e4110034f0c9e1.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Not sure what camera you use, but by the length of your subs I guess it’s an older CCD camera…?

No, it's a ZWO6200Mono, well depth doesn't seem to be too bad, on narrow band I think I'm getting away with long subs, but I'm keeping LRGB to five minutes or so. Too red, yes, with hindsight, I agree

2 minutes ago, Horwig said:

No, it's a ZWO6200Mono, well depth doesn't seem to be too bad, on narrow band I think I'm getting away with long subs, but I'm keeping LRGB to five minutes or so. Too red, yes, with hindsight, I agree

With that camera, even with narrowband you don’t need to go anywhere near 30 mins, 5 mins is fine and 2-3 with LRGB broadband…

But great image all the same. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

With that camera, even with narrowband you don’t need to go anywhere near 30 mins, 5 mins is fine and 2-3 with LRGB broadband…

But great image all the same. 👍🏻

On that target, the highest flux density on a 30 minute Ha sub, (once the stars were removed) was 11,650, on a more 'challenging' target, a different approach would be needed

On the combined RGB, only eleven stars in total had saturated cores, I consider that a good compromise from 5 minute subs.

Huw

2 hours ago, Horwig said:

On that target, the highest flux density on a 30 minute Ha sub, (once the stars were removed) was 11,650, on a more 'challenging' target, a different approach would be needed

On the combined RGB, only eleven stars in total had saturated cores, I consider that a good compromise from 5 minute subs.

Huw

Maybe look at your gain settings, i Imaged this with a 2600m with 3 min exposures and 3nm narrowband filters with 3 hours total time with an esprit 100 at f5.5

Not one of my better images for sure, and not very well processed, as was very new with Pixinsight, but shows you don’t need much time or long exposures…

IMG_3029.jpeg

Edited by Stuart1971