Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One of my first widefields

I've been trawling through some pictures on my PC and came across this image taken in autumn 06 with my eos 350d, about a week after getting the camera. Can't remember taking the pictures but it must have been a very good night as it was only a single 30 second exposure @ ISO1600.

The only editing was resizing.

I don't think I've captured as many stars in a picture since. I'll have to dust off the kit lens as it seems better suited for widefields than my normal use 18-200mm. Less glass maybe?

Gareth

post-16534-133877372194_thumb.jpg

post-16534-133877372282_thumb.jpg

This is a great widefield Gareth, I particularly like the 'object' in the right - it could be guttering, it could be a pipe - I'm not sure - but it adds a certain sense of perspective to the image that makes the stars seem even more ethereal. Lovely depth of colour too. I really like it :) Would love to see some more of your shots with the same equipment.

Amanda

The object is a gutter. Theres a wire in there as well. The camera was my new toy at the time and I was taking a lot of random pictures at the time. Some of my experimentation paid off.

Thanks for the compliments. I found the rest of the images taken that night and there was actually quite a bit of light pollution that night.

I've added a second image to the first post to demonstrate. The picture is looking roughly towards the south west.

Gareth

Archived