An hour on M109

Swoop1

From stupid o'clock this morning.

RVO Horizon 72ED, ZWO ASI533MC PRO cooled to 10o below ambient, HEQ5PRO

30 x 120 sec unguided subs. 15x 120 sec darks, 10 x 0.001 sec bias, 30 x 0.1 sec flats using my LED tracing panel and white microfibre cloth method.

Stacked in DSS, Histogram stretch, colour calibration and green noise reduction in SIRIL, levels tweaked in GIMP.

One of these days I will get enough time for much longer data captures.

M109postdssandsirilgimp.thumb.png.cd892c1ab35e88c94536a73179d1ea8b.png

• Like 6

Very nice! Very happy HEQ5 Pro owner too. Never been brave enough to do an unguided session due to the lack of clear nights! Really should given the results you got. 👍🏻 

On a side note, I used to use a tracing pad too but took a breath and bought a Flat Field generator mainly because of the flickering I saw in my histograms. The histogram was never steady as it jumped all over the place during captures. Maybe it was the pad I got, who knows but the results are now steady and the smooth constant illumination has resulted in excellent calibration frames which I didn’t get previously. Highly recommend the Geoptik from RVO!

• Like 1