NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Be aware ZWOASI662

I brought a new zwo asi622mc camera from the widescreen centre, last September. But the socket got damaged some how, so the seller recommended that I send it to zwo technical support desk. Which I obviously did so, they have had it since the 5th of july. I contacted the zwo technical desk today only to be told that it can't be repaired/replaced under warranty, but surely that can't be right?  I've also been told to ring them back in a months time, as it has to be sent back to zwo in China.  So just be aware if you have zwo equipment and it breaks you can't get it fixed in the uk. Pity as I liked my camera. 

• Sad 1

That's sad, of course, but cables should be hung safely, they shouldn't pull the socket down, it's also easy to tear the socket in a case of tangling. I don't want to say that it's your case, but I have a lot of cams, all of them are from ZWO and nothing happens to the sockets thanks to proper cable management. 

Good luck anyway. 🤞

Edited by Vroobel
  • Thanks 1

Think you'll find a lot of things (in fact most) aren't built in the UK, especially astro equipment so you'll encounter some issue getting a repair done locally for such niche items.

If it were damage covered under warranty the seller will have addressed it. With most things you buy, any damage not caused by original manufacturing spec (wear and tear for example) is not covered.

I've owned lots of zwo cameras, most bought used, never had an issue (yet), astro cameras in general are quite resilient compared to bodied cameras.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Maverik359 said:

I brought a new zwo asi622mc camera from the widescreen centre, last September. But the socket got damaged some how, so the seller recommended that I send it to zwo technical support desk. Which I obviously did so, they have had it since the 5th of july. I contacted the zwo technical desk today only to be told that it can't be repaired/replaced under warranty, but surely that can't be right?  I've also been told to ring them back in a months time, as it has to be sent back to zwo in China.  So just be aware if you have zwo equipment and it breaks you can't get it fixed in the uk. Pity as I liked my camera. 

An electrical engineer here in the UK could have fixed the USB socket for you, lots of people have used them over the years to replace USB ports on Astro cameras, just find one near you for future reference…👍🏻

• Thanks 1