NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Photosphere [>270 sunspots, AR 3751 & AR 3759 dominating] - 19th July 2024

josefk

Other posts on SGL this week have had me keen to get out but until this morning I haven’t had chance. 

What a fantastic start to the day, a beautiful sunny deer park, Bach on the headphones and a solar disk chock full of interest. Unfortunately now I need to run to the corporate grind before I can develop a detail. 

IMG_5512.thumb.jpeg.dbabff6d9924c581dadf8470d6c46e7b.jpeg

IMG_5513.thumb.jpeg.f43f48598da44018900b7acdfd6bc417.jpeg

Will annotate this later. Even with an 85mm scope, considerable clear granulation showing around the bigger spots/groups and loads of plage on the eastern limb. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

...and now annotated - a very very busy disk this morning. AR3751 and AR3759 have a wealth of detail within them - hopefully i can get out again later to try and work on that. Seeing just now in the still morning air was excellent.

IMG_5514.thumb.jpeg.7434b6fbd00b2616377e2c919fa81375.jpeg

PS (edit). I don't exactly know how i managed it (laziness) but West on the above drawing is wrong - serves me right for not properly levelling my tripod (it must have been swinging) coupled with rotating my diagonal before i'd had enough coffee to do the mental gymnastics!

Edited by josefk
  • Like 6

• josefk changed the title to Solar Photosphere [>270 sunspots, AR 3751 & AR 3759 dominating] - 19th July 2024

Thanks @SwiMatt a LOT more to see than i've been able to capture TBH. Early morning seeing is fantastic. I will try and get back out later to follow up in the two big groups. There's great detail and variety in them. In any event i'm happy to get one in the bank already after reading posts this week and wondering if i'd get a chance to get out.

• Like 2