NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fly the Shuttle

wingman

When waiting for the clouds to clear one of my main pastimes in recent months has been "playing" with the Shuttle sim

:: Space Shuttle Mission 2007 ::

There are currently 22 missions available (they add new ones quite often at no extra charge) and a free demo which I think is STS-1.

I am currently trying to do them in order of difficulty. The missions are ranked from 1 to 3 stars (3 being most difficult) and include STS-31 (deployment of Hubble) STS-103 (third Hubble service mission) numerous ISS missions and the (hopefully) unflown STS-401 which is the rescue mission should anything go wrong with the current STS-125

It's well worth a look, apart from the actual landing the shuttle flying is a bit boring (lots of switch flicking) but mastering the RMS (the robot arm) and docking with the ISS are great fun

I prefer to use the keyboard Dave, but you may favour a joystick. I found it a bit jumpy with a stick. It took me quite a few attempts to land successfully (especially when they introduced crosswinds) but now have it mastered.

Archived