M106 - why does my DSS processing show issues that Siril does not?

Same number of lights, darks, biases and flats but the DSS shows white bands down both right and left margins whereas Siril doesn't.

Any ideas?

Siril-

M106-siril-gimp.thumb.png.df44a907346679cbafd37135895ac8b6.png

DSS

m106-dss-siril-gimp.thumb.png.87cdd1cd6ee7919f35ff58429f169dae.png

Is this an uncooled camera? I ask as the edges look similar to uncooled camera amp glow so it could be a dark frame optimisation setting but I'm just guessing.

Edited by Elp

13 hours ago, Elp said:

Is this an uncooled camera? I ask as the edges look similar to uncooled camera amp glow so it could be a dark frame optimisation setting but I'm just guessing.

No, it is a cooled ASI533MC PRO.

Perhaps I need to lower the temeprature but, I'm trying to understand why one software shows the artifact whilst the other doesn't.

Go through all the settings, it must be doing something to the calibration files.

This is one of the reasons I prefer Siril using it manually, as you can see at each step what it's doing and easier to fault find.

I doubt it the camera, you can take 10 minute darks and you still won't see a trace of sensor amp glow.

• Thanks 1