NGC7000 in SHO palette

Alternative take processed today. I think I've made better use of BB's Normalisation Tool in this version, controlled the OIII a bit better and used mask more effectively to make the colours pop a bit more.

Tony

NGC7000-SHO.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mightymonoped said:

Any particular aspects? Always looking for constructive criticism 🙂

Tony

You have lost the demarcation between OIII and H2 / SII in the second image. More so in the pelican. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Adam J said:

You have lost the demarcation between OIII and H2 / SII in the second image. More so in the pelican. 

Yes, it was a pretty fast and furious process tbh. May have to give it another stab and pay a bit more attention this time.

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, PadrePeace said:

I agree with AdamJ. I’ve shot both the NA Neb and the Pelican and for me you have turned OIII areas into Ha areas that don’t exist using your colour mask. 

Yes, I did wonder if I’d pushed the OIII too much in the first attempt, apparently not. I’m going to have another go at it and ease up on the Ha this time. 

If you want your NB images to say something truthful about the target you do need a systematic way of weighting the three gasses. I've no idea how to do that, let me stress, because I don't make colour-mapped images.

Olly

This is very much playing around tbh Olly. It’s an HOO capture that I’m using to play with ‘false’ colour palette as there is no SII capture. If nothing else, it’s an exercise in using the Normalisation tool getting familiar with Pixinsight processes. 

• Like 1