NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

beginner osc and filters

Just now, Vroobel said:

Don't be too picky. The L-eXtreme is 7nm, my Optolong SHO are 6.5-7nm. I think most imager's uses this kind of filters.

honestly im not too picky at all. i've seen some videos and remember 3nm bandpasses being 'good' but literally what do i know? im sure any dnb filter i get will be plenty good enough for me for quite some time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Elp said:

As I've suggested to you in a other post the SVbony 220 also got a favourable Cuiv review.

yeah i watched his video. he actually measures them too. i doubt the one included in my package will be that one otherwise i got an even better deal. 

3 minutes ago, Elp said:

If your LP is bad, but you can image some of the signal you have to image for a long time to overcome the background sky. I did M78 at F2, even with 5+ hours OSC RGB and 3 hours mono luminance I still didn't get much of the dark clouds around it. And it was fairly high up at the time (above Orion).

yeah once i get the camera and up and running, time on target is what i need. you've shown me how i can stack multiple session (at least in a basic fashion) so i have no excuse. though it only being semi dark for just over 2 hours a night at the moment is a pain. 

17 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

yeah i watched his video. he actually measures them too. i doubt the one included in my package will be that one otherwise i got an even better deal. 

I think it may be the 1.25” of that one…👍🏻

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

I think it may be the 1.25” of that one…👍🏻

Maybe, but I think they update parts of a webpage and not entire listing.

It'll be just like Xmas wondering what's inside the box.

Hope it's not socks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Just had a look at the camera only, and with the VAT and customs clearance shipping it’s about £225 seems a bargain, 

I was seriously going to get this uncooled version as it seems cooling is maybe not as important as it was with these newer sensors. Especially after watching the long video sl900 posted. I may not even cool mine below zero for fear of frost on the glass. But I guess I have the option to cool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

I was seriously going to get this uncooled version as it seems cooling is maybe not as important as it was with these newer sensors. Especially after watching the long video sl900 posted. I may not even cool mine below zero for fear of frost on the glass. But I guess I have the option to cool.

The price I quoted was for the IMX585 not the 533, my mistake…

• Like 1