Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7000… a section of it at least until I suss mosaics!

The Cygnus Wall in NGC7000 (The North America Nebula). 8hrs integration taken over 2 beautifully clear nights in my Dawlish back garden. All taken with secondhand kit sourced over the last year or so. I'm like an excited little boy with what this gear/software can achieve!

Zenithstar Z73 III, ZWO 533MC Pro, Sky-Watcher HEQ5 Pro, ZWO ASI 120MM Mini, ZWO ASIair Plus + ZWO EAF & Optolong L-Extreme

foraxx_stars_2.jpg

• Like 19

"id love info on a workflow in free software for mosaics"

I've had good results with using Hugin for mosiac stitching, for example this is a six panel mosiac...

picture-55d1cc9d187cd60c4e08c57312f5988cI know the image itself isn't that special but the stitching worked well. Hugin does a lot more than just plain stitching so you need to ignore a lot of it's features - there is a simple wizard mode - but the UI is a bit 'gritty' until you get used to it. It's open source and runs on just about any Os.

• Like 2

Will have a look Ty so much.

I'm hoping it's fairly image agnostic so it might do job. I'm thinking two or three panel mosaic on m31 if I get a small sensor, and I bet that's tricky to stick/match :)

10 hours ago, Vroobel said:

The only thing to complain 😁😇 it's a little bit too bright, I mean the OIII bright areas. 

Tend to agree with you. It was my first foray into using the Hubble palette with first use of L-Extreme filter so I think I probably got overexcited 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

Will have a look Ty so much.

I'm hoping it's fairly image agnostic so it might do job. I'm thinking two or three panel mosaic on m31 if I get a small sensor, and I bet that's tricky to stick/match :)

10 hours ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

really really nice and love the non red Ha. 

id love info on a workflow in free software for mosaics, but i'm guessing you use pixinsight?

Yes, I bought pixinsight after being so impressed with it after utilising 45 free trial. Being a Mac based graphic designer for 30 years I’m obviously very comfortable with Adobe photoshop/lightroom etc but being able to combine data easily from multiple sessions is great

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Type1Turkey said:

Yes, I bought pixinsight after being so impressed with it after utilising 45 free trial. Being a Mac based graphic designer for 30 years I’m obviously very comfortable with Adobe photoshop/lightroom etc but being able to combine data easily from multiple sessions is great

im managing to do multiple session combining (just about) in siril thanks to help from here. not fully manual stacking though, about 50% so far. i even redid my m101 last night waiting for clouds to not clear. its not great for many reasons, but it is data from three sessions :) doing a mosiac is concern and i might need to be able to do that if i get a 4/3rds sensor.

m101 4 hours crop.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Type1Turkey said:

im sure i'd like it, which is why i don't want to try the free trial :)

• Haha 1