Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57- Ring Nebula

So the foray into mono imaging starts , probably not the best target to start on but I did using Atik490Ex 200pds , Ha , SII, O3 stacked in  sirilic approx 6hrs data in total over several nights using 3min subs flats bias and darks processing in Startools.

M57-S2,Ha,O3.jpeg

• Like 5

Can I see a hint of an outer shell?

As Vroobel says, pity about the central star. Strange you lost that, but still captured the outer features.

Otherwise, nice shot. I like the little spiral galaxy just above the nebula.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rl said:

Can I see a hint of an outer shell?

As Vroobel says, pity about the central star. Strange you lost that, but still captured the outer features.

Otherwise, nice shot. I like the little spiral galaxy just above the nebula.

I managed the central star and some central  wisps but not galaxy or outer features. 

I found starnet++ via siril put m57 in the star mask not the starless. Not sure if that relates to bottlestopburley losing the central star?

14 minutes ago, TiffsAndAstro said:

I managed the central star and some central  wisps but not galaxy or outer features. 

I found starnet++ via siril put m57 in the star mask not the starless. Not sure if that relates to bottlestopburley losing the central star?

Not the galaxy? Which galaxy?  You caught IC 1296 very nicely, as this snippet shows. Look very very carefully and there is definite evidence for LEDA 2813669, which is somewhere between 16.0 and 16.5 magnitude in the visible.

Screenshot_2024-06-10_20-19-29.png.fa73a7defb0822562d3af849ad4714b4.png

Moral: always examine your images very carefully and always use the best finder charts you can find.

Nice outer halo of M57, by the way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xilman said:

Not the galaxy? Which galaxy?  You caught IC 1296 very nicely, as this snippet shows. Look very very carefully and there is definite evidence for LEDA 2813669, which is somewhere between 16.0 and 16.5 magnitude in the visible.

Screenshot_2024-06-10_20-19-29.png.fa73a7defb0822562d3af849ad4714b4.png

Moral: always examine your images very carefully and always use the best finder charts you can find.

Nice outer halo of M57, by the way.

sorry for any confusion. i meant in the m57 i took a little while back. i didn't get any of the outer detail, or really even the coloured rings the op did. the pic you showed is the OPs lovely image, not mine.

i was just wondering if the OP  used starnet++ during his processing, it might be responsible for not being able to see the central star?