NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Relocating my guide scope and camera on a budget, lol

20 minutes ago, Vroobel said:

You can find a lot of branded and unbranded Vixen clamps in various colours. I have 5 red ZWO ones. 

Yeah there are a billion on eBay. But I'm trying to find exact type. Some are counter sunk, some have holes but the slotted versions seem easier to locate on the dovetail holes. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

just in case anyone still reading/interested, i took a chance on https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006168144099.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802HNkZUf

7 days shipping, base of guide scope should slot in and ill try and glue a mini pc to an upside down dovetail clamp and plonk that on too. not certain about screw size/length to screw this to the two holes in my ota rings yet :)

the deciding factor was the first user review and image "The center of the yakisna plank. I made it possible to know the good work of the trimannia of the trumpet and the security of the trumpet and Gida."

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well the M6 bolts don't fit the holes on the top of my OTA rings. Bolts seem to wide, so I've emailed Flo to check they should be M6 as Flo previously advised.

So I've bodged it. Tight squeeze with my usb hub on there too. Via velcro for now.

Guide scope isn't perfectly lined up with main scope now, but I doubt it was previously either.

IMG_20240713_124225.thumb.jpg.465f7efe3607f3436cd742b108951a57.jpg

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
dodge to bodge :(
  • Like 1

The bolts on the top are likely to be 1/4" photo thread, the M6 used for the dovetail below.  If you have any photo thread bolts/adapters you can use those to test fit before ordering the bolts, but hopefully FLO will advise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

The bolts on the top are likely to be 1/4" photo thread, the M6 used for the dovetail below.  If you have any photo thread bolts/adapters you can use those to test fit before ordering the bolts, but hopefully FLO will advise.

Funny you mention that as the bolt I used to attach my dslr to a dovetail plate seems to fit nicely, except I need shorter countersunk version.

So I need to Google 1/4" photo thread countersunk screw? 

ok think i found the right ones on ebay ty.

Edited by TiffsAndAstro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

been shopping on aliexpress for more high quality items on a budget.....

a variety of types of cable tidies, including some that look same as Stu1971 suggested. some cable wrapping, two red head lamps as i've dropped mine twice already, a dovetail rail plate for a future mini pc, some purple velcro like 5m roll, 

all for the huge price of £15 inc vat and 5 day delivery. in total £2 less than i paid for a single red head lamp. let's hope it all arrives :)